Thomas Hallgren wrote:
Robin Boerdijk wrote:

Hi,

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I was wondering if
there have been any efforts in the past to provide a deep integration
of PostgreSQL with Apache. What I mean by deep integration is that the
PostgreSQL server logic runs inside the Apache server processes, rather
than separate processes. In particular, the postmaster server logic
would run inside the Apache master process and the postgres server
logic would run inside Apache child processes.

I think the closest you are going to get is Apache::DBI however sense PostgreSQL is processed based you are going to get a new connection for every connection to Apache.

On any reasonably busy site that can spell doom.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake