The code is written, and is good as far as we are aware, but has not been
through a beta/release cycle yet.

> Is there a simple replication solution for windows then ? Or will
> I have to stop the master postgresql at night to pgdump and
> pgrestore on the backup server ?

You don't need to stop the master server to pg_dump (in fact, it won't work if
you do). On the slave, you can just drop the DBs and pg_restore them.

PITR is another solution you might consider.

> If I have a synchronized backup server (even if it synchronizes
> once or twice a day, this might be OK), I could just write a
> simple script that would change the host file of the clients to
> have the postgresql's name to point to the backup IP...

Might be better if the users know they are being switched over - that way they
will know to check for lost transactions etc. If you're using an ODBC app,
consider using a separate DSN for the live and backup servers - similar
solutions would apply to other interfaces of course.

Regards, Dave