On 17.05.24 00:13, Tom Lane wrote:
So a third status that encompasses the various other situations like
maybe forgotten by author, disagreements between author and reviewer,
process difficulties, needs some senior developer intervention, etc.
could be helpful.

Hmm, "forgotten by author" seems to generally turn into "this has been
in WOA state a long time".  Not sure we have a problem representing
that, only with a process for eventually retiring such entries.
Your other three examples all sound like "needs senior developer
attention", which could be a helpful state that's distinct from "ready
for committer".  It's definitely not the same as "Unclear".

Yeah, some fine-tuning might be required. But I would be wary of over-designing too many new states at this point. I think the key idea is that there ought to be a state that communicates "needs attention from someone other than author, reviewer, or committer".