On 07/06/2018 11:27 AM, Larry Rosenman wrote:
when I pg_dump -Fc the database and then try to restore it after a
create database, I get errors.  To get a clean restare I need to do:

Knowing the errors would be helpful.

jD

---
\set DB `echo ${DB}`
CREATE SCHEMA IF NOT EXISTS postgis;
CREATE SCHEMA IF NOT EXISTS topology;
CREATE SCHEMA IF NOT EXISTS tiger;
SET search_path=public,postgis,tiger,topology;
ALTER DATABASE :DB SET search_path=public,postgis,tiger,topology;
\c
CREATE EXTENSION fuzzystrmatch schema postgis;
-- Enable PostGIS (includes raster)
CREATE EXTENSION postgis schema postgis;
-- Enable Topology
CREATE EXTENSION postgis_topology schema topology;
-- Enable PostGIS Advanced 3D
-- and other geoprocessing algorithms
CREATE EXTENSION postgis_sfcgal schema postgis;
-- rule based standardizer
CREATE EXTENSION address_standardizer schema postgis;
-- example rule data set
CREATE EXTENSION address_standardizer_data_us schema postgis;
-- Enable US Tiger Geocoder
CREATE EXTENSION postgis_tiger_geocoder schema tiger;
-- routing functionality
CREATE EXTENSION pgrouting schema postgis;
-- spatial foreign data wrappers
CREATE EXTENSION ogr_fdw schema postgis;
-- LIDAR support
CREATE EXTENSION pointcloud schema postgis;
-- LIDAR Point cloud patches to geometry type cases
CREATE EXTENSION pointcloud_postgis schema postgis;
----
Is the need to do this expected?

This is 10.4 on FreeBSD.

***  A fault and talent of mine is to tell it exactly how it is.  ***
PostgreSQL centered full stack support, consulting and development.
Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://postgresconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****