On 2024-07-09 Tu 9:52 AM, Dave Page wrote:

    > What I suggest (see attached) is we run the diff command with
    > --strip-trailing-cr on Windows. Then we just won't care if the
    expected file
    > and/or the output file has CRs.

    I was wondering about that too, but I wasn't sure we can rely on
    that flag
    being supported...

I have 4 different diff.exe's on my ~6 week old build VM (not counting shims), all of which seem to supportĀ --strip-trailing-cr. Those builds came with:

- git
- VC++
- diffutils (installed by chocolatey)
- vcpkg

I think it's reasonable to assume it'll be supported.

Ok, cool. So I propose to patch the test_json_parser and pg_bsd_indent tests to use it on Windows, later today unless there's some objection.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan