On Tue, Oct 01, 2019 at 10:10:37AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
Tomas Vondra <tomas.von...@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
Hmmm, this seems to trigger a failure on thorntail, which is a sparc64
machine (and it seems to pass on all x86 machines, so far).

gharial's not happy either, and I bet if you wait a bit longer you'll
see the same on other big-endian machines.

I wonder if that's wrong, somehow ... Maybe it should use VARSIZE_ANY,
but then how would it work on any platform and only fail on sparc64?

Maybe it accidentally seems to work on little-endian, thanks to the
different definitions of varlena headers?

Maybe. Let's see if just using VARSIZE_ANY does the trick. If not, I'll
investigate further.

regards