On 2020-11-12 14:23, Pavel Stehule wrote:

yes, the plan self is very interesting information - and information
if plan was generic or not is interesting too. It is other dimension
of query - maybe there can be rule - for any query store max 100 most
slows plans with all attributes. The next issue is fact so first first
5 execution of generic plans are not generic in real. This fact should
be visible too.

Thanks!
However, AFAIU, we can know whether the plan type is generic or custom
from the plan information as described in the manual.

-- https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/sql-prepare.html
If a generic plan is in use, it will contain parameter symbols $n, while a custom plan will have the supplied parameter values substituted into it.

If we can get the plan information, the case like 'first 5 execution
of generic plans are not generic in real' does not happen, doesn't it?

Atsushi Torikoshi