"Hannu Krosing" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> What I was referring to, was a "code cleanup" of libpq several years
> ago, when someone (maybe Bruce IIRC) removed ability to accept multiple
> recordsets from backend altogether, on the basis that it is not used
> anyway.

You can still receive multiple record sets just fine using libpq. psql doesn't
handle them but they're there. When I was doing the concurrent psql patch I
also had it handling multiple record sets.

Something else you may be thinking of, I don't think it's legal to do queries
like "select 1 ; select 2" in the new protocol. That was legal in the old
protocol.

--
  Gregory Stark