Aidan Van Dyk wrote:
This changes the game slightly from trying to get systems to come with
PostreSQL "modules" installed into PostgreSQL by default, to where
systems come with PostgreSQL "module" *packages* (rpms, debs, pkg, etc)
installed by default, and the DB owners can do the "PostgreSQL install"
part themselves.

Would this slight change of the game be of any value?

No. "packages" has another meaning in the database context.

I am going to point out AGAIN that we have already had a debate about this subject, not that long ago, including the name by which we should call these things. The consensus name then was "modules" and I think that was right.

Those who do take cognizance of previous debates are doomed to repeat them.

cheers

andrew