Tom Lane wrote
> Transaction commit is an exceedingly subtle and carefully structured
> thing.  Throwing random user-defined code into it ain't gonna happen.

Deferred constraint triggers currently run random user-defined code. This'll do
me.

Regards,
Stephen Denne.

Disclaimer:
At the Datamail Group we value team commitment, respect, achievement, customer
focus, and courage. This email with any attachments is confidential and may be
subject to legal privilege.  If it is not intended for you please advise by
reply immediately, destroy it and do not copy, disclose or use it in any way.
  This email has been scanned by the DMZGlobal Business Quality
              Electronic Messaging Suite.
Please see http://www.dmzglobal.com/dmzmessaging.htm for details.