Tom Lane napsal(a):
Zdenek Kotala <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Tom Lane napsal(a):
Cutting a third off the size of a system index has got to be worth
something, but is it worth a hack as ugly as this one?

The problem what I see there is how to fit with in-place-upgrade. Catalog should be generate from scratch, but if somebody uses name in regular table it invokes request for reindex.

Actually, an existing index stored as "name" would continue to work
fine, so I think this could be worked around.   But in any case name is
deprecated for user use, so anyone who suffers a reindex has only
themselves to blame.

Yes, it is deprecated by you know a user. Give him a loaded shot-gun and he start play a golf :-).

However, reindex is acceptable penalty for user who uses deprecated things.

                Zdenek