Bruce Momjian wrote:
Robert Haas wrote:
The objection comes down to this: it's an extremely large, invasive,
and probably performance-losing patch, which apparently will be of use
to only a rather small set of people.  It's not unreasonable to discuss
just how large that set might be while we debate whether to accept the
patch.
Significant loss of performance for people who are not using the
feature seems like it ought to be considered a non-starter.  "Not
using MAC" needs to be a fast-path.

Right now all of SE-PostgreSQL is a compile-time option so I assume the
slowdown is only for compile-enabled builds.

Yes, we need '--enable-selinux' to activate all of SE-PostgreSQL features.

In addition, these are invoked via security hooks which are declared
as inline functions. So, I think it does not give us additional loss of
performances when you don't add the compile time option explicitly.

Thanks,
--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC
KaiGai Kohei <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>