Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

This version of the patch should fix the "shared file descriptor" bug Russell Smith noticed. It also disables the 1/2 second sleep between forks, so the performance on a small db (regression) is vastly improved.

this works better but there is something fishy still - using the same dump file I get a proper restore using pg_restore normally. If I however use -m for a parallel one I only get parts (in this case only 243 of the 709 tables) of the database restored ...

Yes, there are several funny things going on, including some stuff with dependencies. I'll have a new patch tomorrow with luck. Thanks for testing.

cheers

andrew