Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
With my other hat on (the red one) what I'm concerned about is whether
this patch will ever produce a feature that I could turn on in the
standard Red Hat/Fedora build of Postgres.

FWIW, as you know, sepostgresql is already included in Fedora. You can
continue shipping it as a seperate RPM set.

That is non-ideal. Getting the capability in to the standard database shipped with RHEL is very important to me and my customers.

Since you can turn this off with GUC I don't see why it makes sense to ship 2 databases (nevermind the maintenance issues)