Hi,

Le 19 mars 09 à 21:23, Josh Berkus a écrit :
One request I've had is to construct a record (of some supplied
composite type) from an hstore.

I'm not sure if this is even possible; I'm certainly not seeing a way
to implement it. Am I missing something?

Well, presumably you'd try to match hstore tags against the "columns" of the composite type, and where a tag didn't exist, return NULL,and where one isn't in the composite type, ignore it. All data would be TEXT.

The problem is more how to have the parser know which data type to target, because you want to avoid having to create a new cast per each composite type you want to target.

A solution could maybe look like this:
  SELECT hstore_to_composite(hstore_value, null::my_composite_type);

Regards,
--
dim

from the IRC-to-List bridge dept ;)