Tom Lane wrote:
Peter Eisentraut <pete...@gmx.net> writes:
Here is my thinking, and considering that that would basically involve a forward-looking design decision right now, I would support dropping the cardinality() function from 8.4 (if people agree that this is in fact the design decision to make).

At this point I'd support that too.  It doesn't seem that getting
cardinality() into 8.4 is important enough to risk making a decision
that we'd regret later.  And I think it's not hard to make the case
that we might regret either of the other choices later, depending on
where we go with arrays.

+1

cheers

andrew