On Jun 2, 2009, at 9:16 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

Well, you can have as many clones of a repository as you like. You can
keep one with master checked out, another with rel8_3, another with
rel8_2, etc. You'd just have to write a script to keep them in sync
(shouldn't be too difficult, each just as all the others as an origin --
or maybe you have one that's canonical on your system).

Hmm, but is there a way to create those clones from a single local
"database"?

Yeah, that's what I meant by a "canonical copy on your system."

(I like the monotone model much better.  This mixing of working copies
and databases as if they were a single thing is silly and uncomfortable
to use.)

Monotone?

Best,

David