On 06/02/2009 05:43 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Marko Kreen<mark...@gmail.com>  writes:
They cannot be same commits in GIT as the resulting tree is different.
I don't see any even-approximately-sane way to handle similar cases
in git.  From what I've learned so far, you can have one checkout
at a time in a git working tree, which would mean N copies of the
entire repository if I want N working trees.  Not to mention the
impossibility of getting it to regard parallel commits as related
in any way whatsoever.
You can use the "--reference" option to git clone to refer to objects in another clone. That way most of the commits will only be stored in there - only the local commits will be in the local checkout.

Andres