I wrote:
I'd love to be able to do something like

   INSERT into foo (x,y,z) select t[3],[t2],[t57] from (COPY RETURNING
   t FROM stdin CSV);

Some IRC discussion suggested ways we could do better than that syntax. I think my current preferred candidate is something like

   COPY foo (a,b,c)
   FROM stdin
   CSV
   AS t USING (t[3],t[2],[t57]);

I'm not sure how we'd could plug a filter into that. Maybe a WHERE clause? My immediate need at least doesn't actually involve filtering anything - we load every line in the CSV into a temp table and then filter what we load into the main tables after applying the business rules.

cheers

andrew