Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
> Robert Haas wrote:
>> Part of the reason I suggest this is because it seems that not much
>> gets patched back that far any more.

> Tom just backpatched something to 7.4 the other day.

A quick look in the cvs history shows 5 commits to 7.4 since the last
set of releases, 6 commits to 8.0, 8 to 8.1, 13 to 8.2, 18 to 8.3.
A couple of these patches were Windows-specific and were made only back
to 8.2 because we desupported Windows in older branches awhile back.
So far as I can see, the others were all made as far back as applicable.
I think the lack of churn in 7.4 just means it's gotten pretty darn
stable.

I'm not averse to EOL'ing 7.4, but I don't think it's fair to claim that
we already stopped supporting it.