Hitoshi Harada wrote:
2010/1/3 Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net>:
Hitoshi Harada wrote:
A question: Isn't there no possibility that we have our own
implementation to handle JSON (i.e. no use of external libraries)?

Why should we reinvent a wheel someone else has already invented? This is
what shared libraries are all about.
Because what we need may be another wheel nobody has already invented.
I don't deny to use one of external libraries but don't like to decide
specification by their specifications.

OK, we really need to stop being abstract and say what operations we want.

I think the minimal functionality I'd want is:

   convert record to JSON
   convert JSON to record
   extract a value, or set of values, from JSON
   composition of JSON

Now all the libraries I have looked at (briefly) would require some code to provide for those, possibly quite a bit of code, but that doesn't mean we should just start from scratch and write our own JSON parser too.

cheers

andrew