Tom Lane wrote:
Stefan Kaltenbrunner <ste...@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
*sigh* - that was mostly ment as a joke and not a really serious comment. However the idea I actually had with BZ back in the days was not to use it as a full fledged tracker(in the sense of exposing it to users or developers) Instead I would just use it as the background engine that does nothing more than being subscribed to -bugs, tracks the stuff there and provides an summary export about (not)replied to reports. If somebody later on wants to annotate the emails/reports there (as in solved,open,moved to todo,not a pg core question,whatever) fine - if not fine as well :)

bugzilla doesn't really interface to email well enough to do that.
I gather that debbugs might work better, but I have no personal
experience with it.

well recent bugzilla versions do have both an email interface (an early version of that was used in my prototype - the newer ones are much more powerful an can do) and an remote XML-RPC Interface (which I used for the bugform integration). As a pure email tracker with no real external apps debbugs is probably more powerful though (but not really used a lot outside of the debian project).

Stefan