Theo Schlossnagle wrote:
Hello all,

I'm writing some extension and I have a hot code path that has a lot of double
(C type) data and needs to output NUMERIC tuple data.  The current methods I
can find in the code to convert sprintf the double to a buffer and then invoke
the numeric_in function on them.  I've profile my stuff and I'm spending
(wasting) all my time in that conversion.  Is there a more efficient method of
converting a double into a postgres numeric value?

float8_numeric() ? Although it uses sprintf too, by the look of it.

cheers

andrew