I can't release all of it, but the functions to convert uint64_t, int64_t and
double to numeric Datum are the meat and I can expose those...

https://labs.omniti.com/pgsoltools/trunk/contrib/scratch/pg_type_to_numeric.c

As I mentioned, the dscale on the double_to_numeric is imperfect resulting in
things like: 1.23 turning into 1.2300 in the numeric returned.  This are
significantly faster (as expected) than the type -> string -> numeric
conversions.

--
Theo Schlossnagle
http://omniti.com/is/theo-schlossnagle