On ons, 2010-08-11 at 10:15 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
One of us is missing something. I didn't say to run the checks using
the
configured port. I had in mind something like:
      port = 0xC000 | ((PG_VERSION_NUM + DEF_PGPORT)&   0x3FFF);
Oh, I see, modify the DEF_PGPORT don't just use it as-is.  OK, except
that I think something like the above is still pretty risky for the
buildfarm, because you would still have conflicts for assorted
combinations of version numbers and branch_port settings.

How about just this:

      port = 0xC000 | (DEF_PGPORT&  0x3FFF);
The version number was put in there intentionally, for developers who
work on multiple branches at once.  That's the whole reason this code
exists.  Please don't remove it.

Do they run "make check" by hand simultaneously on multiple branches? That's the only way you'd get a collision here, I think.

cheers

andrew