On 08/11/2010 04:47 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan<and...@dunslane.net>  writes:
Another way would be to have pg_regress honour an environment var like
PG_REGRESS_PORT, which the buildfarm script could use.
Yeah, that would work too.  (Is it portable to Windows, though?)

Should be

I prefer the change-the-default approach mainly because it wouldn't
require any documentation, whereas it'd be a bit hard to argue that
environment variables etc shouldn't be documented ...

Yeah. The other advantage is that we would not need to wait until we had got everyone to update their versions of the buildfarm code. So I agree this is the nicest solution.

cheers

andrew