Josh Berkus <j...@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> I noticed in postgres you cannot return multiple result sets from a
>> stored procedure (surprisingly as it looks like a very good dbms).

> That feature has been on the TODO list for years.  However, nobody has
> stepped forward to either write it, or to fund working on it.  If your
> company has programmers or money to build this feature, it could
> probably get done fairly quickly (as in, next version).

Part of the reason it's sat on TODO is lack of consensus about how such
a feature ought to look/work; particularly since most of the discussion
about it has considered that it'd go along with stored procedures
executing outside of transactions.  It's not just a matter of needing to
find some programming manpower.