On 17.12.2010 21:04, Robert Haas wrote:
Unfortunately, there are likely to be a limited number of such
keywords available.  While I agree it's helpful to have a clear
distinction between what FOR does and what FOREACH does, it's wholly
conventional here and won't be obvious without careful reading of the
documentation.  If we had FOR and FOREACH and FOREVERY and, uh,
FORGET, it'd quickly become notational soup.  I am still wondering if
there's a way to make something like "FOR ELEMENT e IN a" work.  I
suspect we'd be less likely to paint ourselves into a corner that way.

As a side note, Oracle has FORALL, which is a kind of bulk update operation over a collection type. So whatever we choose, not FORALL...

--
  Heikki Linnakangas