Hello Robert,

a good moment to clear things up:

* Of course, compliance with an ISO-SQL standard is of minimal importance -- I just grabbed it from the docs.

* The same holds (in a somewhat weaker way) for Java -- I would even prefer the more general notion type instead of OO, but I am asking in interest of a CS professor I worked for in the past, who is looking for impressive demos of non standard DBMS technology. The students might find resemblance to Java helpful, who knows?

* In this regard it is of interest in how far there are principal efficiency problems with the support of (deeply nested) object like structure by the backend, or if the backend may be expected to do this job not terribly worse then more specialized OODMS -- of course, I would be interested in any discussions of these topics...

* The same question for doing rule bases on top of the PostgreSQL backend...

* For teaching at university courses, on the other hand, efficiency would be of lower interest, so there was an idea that there might be some (possibly toy example like) efforts to tune the frontend into this direction.

== Academic prototypes, which preferably do not bring too much overhead for students.

Cheers,

    Nick