2011/2/17 Florian Pflug <f...@phlo.org>:
> On Feb17, 2011, at 10:30 , rsmogura wrote:
>> When JDBC driver will detect if procedure call statement is created.
>> 1. Determine procedure oid - how? procedures may have not qualified name. Is
>> any function on backend that will deal with schema search path? You may need
>> to pass procedure parameters or at least types? or we need to mirror backend
>> code to Java?
>
> That change of getting this correct without help from the backend is exactly
> zero. (Hint: You need to consider overloaded functions and implicit casts of
> parameters...)

There is only one way - implementation of CALL statement. Any
emulation on JDBC level is just way to hell. Now, we have to say -
PostgreSQL doesn't support a CALL statement, support only functions -
and everybody has to use a different pattern than in other databases.
Any emulation on JDBC means, it will be slowly, it will be
unpredictable.

Regards

Pavel Stehule