On 2011-03-21 02:05, Robert Haas wrote:
On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Yeb Havinga<yebhavi...@gmail.com>  wrote:
On 2011-03-20 05:44, Robert Haas wrote:
Hmm, I'm not going to be able to reproduce this here, and my test
setup didn't show a clear regression.  I can try beating on it some
more, but...  Any chance you could rerun your test with the latest
master-branch code, and perhaps also with the patch I proposed
upthread to remove a branch from the section protection by
SyncRepLock?  I can't really tell from reading the emails you linked
what was responsible for the slowdowns and speedups, and it is unclear
to me how much impact my recent changes actually had.
No problem. Could you tell me the name of the "remove a branch from the
section protection by SyncRepLock" ? patch, or perhaps a message-link?
Upthread I see sync-standbys-defined-rearrangement.patch but also two
sync-rep-wait-fixes.
Thanks!  The things I'd like to see compared are:
pgbench -i -s 50 test
Two runs of "pgbench -c 10 -M prepared -T 600 test" with 1 sync standby - server configs etc were mailed upthread.

- performance as of commit e148443ddd95cd29edf4cc1de6188eb9cee029c5
1158 and 1306 (avg 1232)
- performance as of current git master
1181 and 1280 (avg 1230,5)
- performance as of current git master with
sync-standbys-defined-rearrangement applied
1152 and 1269 (avg 1210,5)

--
Yeb Havinga
http://www.mgrid.net/