On Sun, 19 Jun 2011, Pavel Stehule wrote:

Maybe there is second issue (little bit - performance - you have to
call a output function), But I agree, so this information is very
interesting and can help.

I am concerned about the performance impact of doing that. Not all constraints are on int4 columns. Some constraints might be on a geometry type that is megabytes in side taking a substantial chunk of CPU and bandwith to convert it into a text representation and then send it back to the client.

I am open for any ideas in this direction.

Regards

Pavel

best regards,
Florian Pflug