On 06/28/2011 01:54 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 19:46, Andrew Dunstan<and...@dunslane.net>  wrote:
I'd like to add a feature to the buildfarm that automatically picks up any
new branch and automatically stops building any branch we're not maintaining
any more. To do the latter, I need some way for the client to detect that we
are or aren't interested in a branch. What I'd like to do is add a file to
the old back branches (say from 7.4 to 8.1 currently - I can grandfather the
rest) called "end-of-life-reached" or some such, with some appropriate text.
As a branch reaches its end of life, i.e. right before the last release we
make, we should add that file to the branch.
Does this need to be driven out of the main tree? Couldn't you just
have a "blacklist" in the buildfarm code or site? (disclaimer: I
haven't looked at how it works so that may be a completely useless
idea..)

Not very easily, mainly because of difficulties with MinGW SDK perl. Building it into the code would defeat the purpose.

If it's contentious I won't bother. We've managed OK for years, and can go on managing as we are.

cheers

andrew