On 09/14/2011 05:12 AM, Hannu Krosing wrote:

On Tue, 2011-09-13 at 10:26 -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

Complete isolation at the user level, allowing an ISP to support
multiple independent customers on a server without having to fiddle with
multiple back ends each running on a separate port, a feature that MySQL
has had for as far back as I can recall, and one of the reasons ISPs are
more likely to offer MySQL than PostgreSQL.

Now this would definitely be nice. It is frustrating that we don't have
per database users.

Hmm, what does the GUC db_user_namespace  do then ?

it says "Enables per-database user names."

Last I checked (it has been a few years) that was at best, a hack. I remember either I or David Fetter? Writing about some issues with it on list but it was a long time ago.

JD

@cmdpromptinc - @postgresconf - 509-416-6579