Alvaro Herrera <alvhe...@commandprompt.com> writes:
> Huh, isn't it simpler to just pass the triggers the parse tree *after*
> parse analysis?  I don't understand what you're doing here.

I didn't realize that the parse analysis is in fact done from within
standard_ProcessUtility() directly, which means your suggestion is
indeed workable.

Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> It's not the costs I'm worried about so much as the side effects ---

Ok, so I'm now calling the command trigger procedures once the parse
analysis is done, and guess what, I'm back to the same problem as
before:

https://github.com/dimitri/postgres/commit/4bfab6344a554c09f7322e861f9d09468f641bd9

  CREATE TABLE public."ab_foo-bar"
  (
    id serial NOT NULL,
    foo integer default 1,
    PRIMARY KEY(id)
  );
  NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence "ab_foo-bar_id_seq" for
serial column "ab_foo-bar.id"
  NOTICE:  snitch: CREATE SEQUENCE
  ERROR:  unrecognized node type: 904

I'm not sure about the next step, and I'm quite sure I need to stop here
for tonight. Any advice welcome, I'll be working on that again as soon
as tomorrow.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine