On 09/09/2012 11:31 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
Yeah. I am going to add a config parameter to the buildfarm to allow
parallelism for the "make" and "make contrib" stages, but I'm not going
to release it until this is fixed.
Well, why don't we stick .NOTPARALLEL in there for the moment, and then
if Peter thinks of a better solution, he can revert that change in favor
of something cleaner.

Works for me

I assume we need this for all active branches, if the buildfarm is
going to be stressing it?

I can restrict it to only modern branches. Didn't we supposedly improve support for this during the 9.1 cycle? That seems like a sensible place to go back to.

cheers

andrew