On 12/02/2012 11:29 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
On 12/02/2012 10:05 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
Personally I always thought that was a feature not a bug.  If we give
each one its own DB, there will be a couple of dozen databases
cluttering the installation at the end of "make installcheck", and no
convenient way to get rid of them.
How about if we have a make target to clean these databases out,
"installcheck-clean", maybe? Alternatively, or in addition, how about if
we have a separate make target to do things the way I'm suggesting,
assuming I can make that work?
Either of those would satisfy my concern.  The latter might be a bit
easier, not sure.

Yeah. This lets me get what I want, via "make USE_MODULE_DB=1 installcheck", don't even need a new target. There's probably a case for doing the same sort of thing for the pl_* makefiles on the basis of consistency, not sure if it's worth it though.

cheers

andrew

*** a/contrib/dblink/Makefile
--- b/contrib/dblink/Makefile
***************
*** 11,16 **** DATA = dblink--1.1.sql dblink--1.0--1.1.sql dblink--unpackaged--1.0.sql
--- 11,19 ----

  REGRESS = dblink

+ # the db name is hard-coded in the tests
+ override undefine USE_MODULE_DB
+
  ifdef USE_PGXS
  PG_CONFIG = pg_config
  PGXS := $(shell $(PG_CONFIG) --pgxs)
*** a/src/Makefile.global.in
--- b/src/Makefile.global.in
***************
*** 428,433 **** submake-libpgport:
--- 428,442 ----

  PL_TESTDB = pl_regression
  CONTRIB_TESTDB = contrib_regression
+ ifneq ($(MODULE_big),)
+   CONTRIB_TESTDB_MODULE = contrib_regression_$(MODULE_big)
+ else
+   ifneq ($(MODULES),)
+     CONTRIB_TESTDB_MODULE = contrib_regression_$(MODULES)
+   else
+     CONTRIB_TESTDB_MODULE = contrib_regression
+   endif
+ endif

  ifdef NO_LOCALE
  NOLOCALE += --no-locale
*** a/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk
--- b/src/makefiles/pgxs.mk
***************
*** 240,246 **** distclean maintainer-clean: clean
  ifdef REGRESS

  # Select database to use for running the tests
! REGRESS_OPTS += --dbname=$(CONTRIB_TESTDB)

  # where to find psql for running the tests
  PSQLDIR = $(bindir)
--- 240,250 ----
  ifdef REGRESS

  # Select database to use for running the tests
! ifdef USE_MODULE_DB
!   REGRESS_OPTS += --dbname=$(CONTRIB_TESTDB_MODULE)
! else
!   REGRESS_OPTS += --dbname=$(CONTRIB_TESTDB)
! endif