On 01/03/2013 02:42 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
* Hannu Krosing (ha...@krosing.net) wrote:
But then some customer comes and wants it to mean "when was this
replica database created" ?
That's an entirely different question, imv, than what we're talking
about.

I'm not saying that it won't be asked, but as it's a different question,
we can look to answer it in a different way.

How is "what does database creation date mean?" a different question ?

It is same question as :

what is the creation date of db when I create a replica of my database from backup?

does it depend on how I restore my replica ?

can I restore it from pg_dump and still have same creation date ?

etc. etc.

--------
Hannu