The thing is PostgeSQL JDBC driver should be able to parse sql in order to
tell if specific question mark is a bind variable or it is inside string
literal, or it is inside of some comment.

I do not believe JDBC spec forces to treat all ? as bind placeholders.
That's unusable.
Oracle JDBC allows having ? symbols in comments and string literals without
any special escapement.