On 05/16/2013 10:39 AM, Cédric Villemain wrote:
Le jeudi 16 mai 2013 15:51:48, Tom Lane a écrit :
Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
On 05/16/2013 05:41 AM, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
And VPATH building of extension is crucially important for me, as the
easiest way I've found to build and package a given extension against
all currently supported version of PostgreSQL.
Is there documented support for VPATH builds?
The core code certainly builds okay in VPATH mode, and I would agree
with Dimitri that pgxs builds should as well.  But this is more of an
autoconf+make feature than ours, so I'm not sure why you'd expect us
to document it.
Extension does not support VPATH at 100% (well, pgxs.mk).
There is a minor hack for some REGRESS files but that's all.

Right. My impression is that pgxs.mk actively works against vpath builds.

I think at least DOCS, DATA and REGRESS needs some addition on pgxs.mk to help
extension author allows build out-of-tree (postgresql been built out or not).

  I'll work on a patch for that.

OK, great.

cheers

andrew