Marti Raudsepp <ma...@juffo.org> writes:
> all: sql/$(EXTENSION)--$(EXTVERSION).sql
>
> sql/$(EXTENSION)--$(EXTVERSION).sql: sql/$(EXTENSION).sql
>         cp $< $@

That's a recipe for problems. Each time I meet with such a construct in
an extension's Makefile I propose an hard coded alternative. We're
speaking of maintaining less than half a dozen file names here, with one
or two additions per year, in most cases.

Really, that trick is a recipe for problems. Use at your own risk.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine

PS: yes I've been saying that all along, ever since David first cooked
    that, and I've blogged about it, and I've worked on alternatives and
    tools, in particular pg_buildext, part of the postgresql-common
    debian package.