On 10/3/13 6:55 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
This looks like a nice clean patch.  My only concern is that it makes
"on" and "off" unreserved plpgsql keywords.  It looks like that will
make them unusable as unquoted identifiers in a few contexts in which
they can now be used.  Has there been any discussion about whether
that's OK?

I don't think there has.

I originally had more ideas for options which you could turn on/off, which I believe might have justified reserving them, but I'm not sure any of those will ever happen, at least not as a simple on/off option. Did you have a better idea for the syntax? The only thing I can think of is print_strict_params and no_print_strict_params, and I'm not very fond of that.

Also, in what contexts are unreserved keywords a problem in modern PL/PgSQL?

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja