I'm sorry for the late reply.  I was unable to access email.

From: "Craig Ringer" <cr...@2ndquadrant.com>
On 01/24/2014 06:42 PM, MauMau wrote:
The customer is using 64-bit PostgreSQL 9.1.x

Which "x"?

9.1.6.

Does this issue also occur on 9.3.2, or in 9.4 HEAD, when tested on Win2k12?

I'm sure it should. The release note doesn't have any reference to this issue. Another user who reported this issue in pgsql-general experienced this with 9.2.4.

In addition, Another customer reported to me that psql failed to connect to PostgreSQL 9.1.9 running on Windows Server 2012 R2, about once out of 7 times. I believe this needs immediate fix.

Regards
MauMau