On 04/22/2014 06:43 PM, Mark Wong wrote:
On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 10:06 AM, Joshua D. Drake <j...@commandprompt.com <mailto:j...@commandprompt.com>> wrote:

    On 04/22/2014 08:26 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

        I'm going away tomorrow for a few days R&R. when I'm back next
        week I
        will set up a demo client running this module. If you can have
        a machine
        prepped for this purpose by then so much the better, otherwise
        I will
        have to drag out a box I recently rescued and have been
        waiting for
        something to use it with. It's more important that it's stable
        (i.e.
        nothing else running on it) than that it's very powerful. It
        could be

        running Ubuntu or some Redhattish variant or, yes, even FreeBSD.

    This is best handled by Mark. Mark can you help Andrew with this?
    I assume we would use the DL385 with the MS70?

Yeah, I can help.  But let me know if Alfred's offer is preferred.

I don't think they are mutually exclusive, but I'd rather start off with one machine. I would find it easiest if it were on something like CentOS6.5.

When we have that running and reporting like we want it we can add a FreeBSD server.

The idea is that these machines would be available for a long time, ideally quite a few years. We want to have them with a stable time series of performance data so that when something disturbs the performance it sticks out like a sore thumb.

cheers

andrew