On 05/05/2014 09:38 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
On Sun, May  4, 2014 at 10:24:54AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
On 05/04/2014 10:12 AM, Petr Jelinek wrote:
On 04/05/14 14:46, Bruce Momjian wrote:
I have completed the initial version of the 9.4 release notes.  You can
view them here:

    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/release-9-4.html

I will be adding additional markup in the next few days.

Feedback expected and welcomed.  I expect to be modifying this until we
release 9.4 final.  I have marked items where I need help with question
marks.

Nice work,

one comment from me would be about jsonb:

+       <listitem>
+        <para>
+         Add structured (non-text) data type (jsonb) for storing
JSON data (Oleg Bartunov,  Teodor Sigaev, Peter Geoghegan and
Andrew Dunstan)
+        </para>
+
+        <para>
+         This data type allows faster indexing and access to json
keys/value pairs.
+        </para>
+       </listitem>

I think the explanation should be expanded to say that this data
type also has generic indexing not just faster indexing.

It's also slightly ambiguous - it's not immediately clear that the
"faster" also applies to the "access".
OK, how is this:

          This data type allows for faster indexing and access to json
          key/value pairs, as well as efficient indexing of all key/value
          pairs in a JSON document.

No, I think you're missing the point of what I'm saying, and I think the addition is at best misleading. I would avoid talk of key value pairs, anyway, that's not all that's in a json document (it might be an array, for example).

How about:

   This data type allows for faster access to values in the json document and
faster and more useful indexing of json.

cheers

andrew