Hi! Here is my report for the last two weeks.Weeks 3 and 4 - 2014/06/15

During my third week, I haven't had time to work on GSoC a lot, because of
my exams and my relocation (that's why I didn't deem necessary to post a
report last Sunday). But last week has been much more productive, as I am
now working full time!

I have developped an aggregate that computes the sum of pairwise
dissimilarities in a cluster, for a given medoid. Thanks to Hai and Atri, I
have also developped the main SQL function that actually computes the
k-medoids. This function is still under debugging, so I have not committed
it yet.

According to my planning, I am not on time: I should have finished working
on k-medoids on Friday. When I made this timeline, I largely underestimated
the time needed to get started in this project, and overestimated the time
I thought I could spend on GSoC during my exams. But things will now go
much faster!

As for our weekly phone call, I have lots of difficulties understanding
what is said, partly because of me not being used to hearing english, but
mostly because of low quality sound. Last time, I hardly understood half of
what's been said; which is quite unfortunate, given that I'm supposed to
take advices during this phone call. So I'd like to suggest an alternative:
an IRC channel, for example. And for those who don't have an IRC client
ready: http://webchat.freenode.net/ . For example, the channel #gsoc-madlib
would surely be appropriate :) Also, I've had a change in my timetable,
which makes Tuesday inconvenient for this phone call. Is it possible to
change the day? I'm available at this hour on Monday, Wednesday and
Thursday. Of course, if this change annoys too much people, I'll deal with
Tuesday :)

Finally, for the coming week, I'll finish debugging k-medoids, write all
the secondary functions (e.g. random inital medoids), and write the doc.

Regards,

Maxence A.

--
Maxence Ahlouche