On 13/11/14 14:18, Simon Riggs wrote:

So in summary... the components are
* Commit LSN order is useful for applying changes - available by
logical decoding
* Commit timestamps and nodeid are useful for conflict resolution -
available from this patch

Both components have been designed in ways that allow multiple
replication systems to use these facilities.

So, -1 to including commit LSN in the SLRU alongside commit timestamp
and nodeid.

I am of the same opinion, I added the LSN "by popular demand", but I still personally don't see the value in having it there as it does *not* enable us to do something that would be impossible otherwise.