On 12/9/14 4:10 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Maybe it makes sense to have a distinction between client programs and
server programs.  Can we have src/sbin/ and move stuff that involves the
server side in there?  I think that'd be pg_xlogdump, pg_archivecleanup,
pg_upgrade, pg_test_timing, pg_test_fsync.  (If we were feeling bold we
could also move pg_resetxlog, pg_controldata and initdb there.)

I was thinking about that.  What do others think?

Sounds good. We already separate server and client programs in the docs, and packagers put them in different packages too. This should make packagers' life a little bit easier in the long run.

- Heikki