On 22/02/15 12:19, Pavel Stehule wrote:

<mailto:p...@2ndquadrant.com>>:

    On 28/01/15 08:15, Pavel Stehule wrote:

        <mailto:jim.na...@bluetreble.com>>>:

             On 1/27/15 4:36 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:

                 It is only partially identical - I would to use cache for
                 array_offset, but it is not necessary for array_offsets ..
                 depends how we would to modify current API to support
        externally
                 cached data.

             Externally cached data?

        Some from these functions has own caches for minimize access to
        typcache
        (array_map, array_cmp is example). And in first case, I am trying to
        push these information from fn_extra, in second case I don't do it,
        because I don't expect a repeated call (and I am expecting so
        type cache
        will be enough).

    You actually do caching via fn_extra in both case and I think that's
    the correct way, and yes that part can be moved common function.

    I also see that the documentation does not say what is returned by
    array_offset if nothing is found (it's documented in code but not in
    sgml).

rebased + fixed docs

You still duplicate the type cache code, but many other array functions do that too so I will not hold that against you. (Maybe somebody should write separate patch that would put all that duplicate code into common function?)

I think this patch is ready for committer so I am going to mark it as such.