On 2015-05-18 22:10, Josh Berkus wrote:
On 05/18/2015 01:04 PM, Ryan Pedela wrote:
In the context of splitting shallow and deep merge into two operators, I
think + is better for shallow and || better for deep. The reason for +
is because many programming languages have this behavior. If I see the
below code in language I have never used before:

objC = objA + objB

My default assumption is that + performs a shallow merge. Like I said, I
would rather there just be one operator.

Thank you, that helps.  Anyone else?

If everyone thinks the operators mean different things, we could just not add any operators and only provide functions instead.

.m